Is it just me?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just been to the GP (this started 5th November, so I'm just over 3 weeks in) and told her how I still have blurred vision, adversion to bright lights, dizziness, nausea, head fog and shoulder pain and how it got worse again over the weekend.

She pretty much shouted me out of the room, said labyrinthitis does not cause sensitivity to lights and vision disturbances. She has given me prochlorperzine and says I should be back at work by the end of the week.

I'm a teacher in a very challenging school, I have to be able to move fast and my brain needs to be working properly. I do not feel on the ball with this thing and do no feel able to cope with work or even to drive there at the minute. My children think it's hilarious that Mum is such an empty head the last few weeks.

Do you all find that symptoms of labyrinithitis come and go, does it  if you lie down and then when you get up, walk around, try to do some jobs around he house etc the drunk feeling, nausea and blurred vision kick in again?

I have a house that I'm renovating and each time I've started to feel a little better I've gone there and done some work only to come home totally wiped out and so dizzy I've spent the rest of the day in bed.

Is the GP right, or does she not actually understand this condition? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi! sorry to hear you are having a bad time . Do you have a confirmed diagnosis for Labyrinthitis ? I have Vestibular Neuritis which by all accounts in simular to your symptoms only i don't have blurred vision i have nystagmus. I too work in a busy school and had 6 months off sick with dizziness, that constant drunk feeling,nausea ( in the early days) and a fuzzy head . I'm 7 months in and have had no medication whatsoever but have been prescribed vestibular exercises which have helped a little ( i joined a gym too for walking on a treadmill which helped) My nystagmus is settling down but i still feel very dizzy whilst walking. I'm now back at work but i have made slight adjustments to my working day to avoid hundreds of kids walking around me! I still can't drive long distance so kind collegues offer lifts to work. Have you been referred to a Neurologist for confirmation? Your GP doesn't sound at all sympathetic. Can you see a different one? Hope this helps as there are others out there in the same boat .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.