Is it just me or does anxiety affect digestion?

Posted , 5 users are following.

What do you think guya?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I don't know but I will say.this every since I've had anxiety , it seems like my food sits in my chest sometimes , or I can't burp good , and it give me really bad gas pains throughout my body literally all over my body ,and I'm sure there are other issues I have that I can't think of right now with my digestion

• Posted

Absolutely. It's once of the main symptoms.. I have GAD and ibs they are linked and miagrians as well. Doc tells me that's all connected.

• Posted

Yep and I have migraines as well !! And sometimes I can't poop (sorry for the tmi)

• Posted

Lol it's never tmi when your discussing anxiety. Mines the opposite I have diareah lol idk which it worst

• Posted

Yeah it can go.either way with me I could have diarheah one week and constipated the next
  • Posted

I normaly get really bad acid indigestion and vomit sometimes,or dry recthing after having a massive anxiety attack so yes i think it play's a big role in digestion.

• Posted

Also If I'm not mistaken, when digestion problems occur, whether it's constipation or diareah, severe forms of constipation and diareah cause hair to go white, dry skin and a lot of other symptoms.

• Posted

Obeviously yes. Anxiety affect digestion. Most of the people do not relize that anxiety is affecting the way they digest food. Some issues sucha as panic disorder - can actually be made worse just because of digestion problems.
  • Posted

Obeviously yes. Anxiety affect digestion. Most of the people do not relize that anxiety is affecting the way they digest food. Some issues sucha as panic disorder - can actually be made worse just because of digestion problems.
  • Posted

People, when anxiety does affect your digestion, how long does digestion problems last for before your digestion becomes normal again?
    • Posted

There isn't any set time frame it comes and it goes , mine could last a few days , a week or a few hours but it does come and it does go and them it comes back another time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.