Is it Kidney stones?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am a 53 year old female.  I've been suffering with some stomach discomfort for the last few months.  About two weeks ago I got some really bad pains in the left side of my stomach, a few days later I had some seriously stong pains down below and couldnt pass urine.  Several times during the night I went to the bathroom with a feeling one needing to pass urine but just got this really strong pain and couldnt pass anything then when I finally did it was just a drizzle.  the next day I went okay, and there were small black bits in my urine, about five in total.  Were these kidney stones?  they were very small.  whats worrying me is that a couple of days ago i got the pain in the left side of my abdomen again, it was quite bad and kept coming and going over a day or two but nothing since.  A bit confused with this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm not sure if what you passed were stones but it does sound like kidney stone pain. In the past when I have experienced renal colic (kidney stone pain) I've passed blood and dark brown urine. I think you should see your GP if your still getting the pain as it could be a UTI and if it is stones you can get sorted out. The other option I have done is when I get the pain if it's severe I go to A&E for strong pain relief and they usually give an X-ray or CT scan that way you will know if you have stonesand they can be treated.

Let me know how you get on .

Maureen

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Maureen, I did see my doctor a few weeks ago about a persistent sore throat and cough, I mentioned that been having stomach discomfort for weeks and they tested urine which was ok, but that was before the intense pain on left side of stomach and problems passing urine.  I live in a remote area in Wales so we don't have an A&E locally, it's about 35 miles away.  Will mention to doctor at next appointment in 2 weeks and let you know what he says
    • Posted

Hi. I'm pleased things have settled down. It's definitely worth a mention to your GP as kidney stone pain can come and go and can be quiet severe. Look forward to hearing from .

Maureen

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear you've been having a lot of pain, this is how mine started loads of little black bits in my urine with alot of pain also little white skin looking things and a few brown harder bits. I also found out I had a cystitis mass on my right Overy and it would be at the beginning of a menstrual when I'd have alot of pain and black bits since all this the mass has apparently disappeared I had my ct scan for kidney stones on the 8the of January but still have not got my results I've called the hospital and they said the report has not been finalised yet so don't know how much longer I have to wait also im thinking no new nothing there sort of thing but im a little worried about it all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.