Is it loose???

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

i I would like to know, does anyone else feel movement when you move your knee?

if I am sat on a chair knees together and relax, wobble my knee side to side I can feel my joint move also, well I think it's my joint!

please can anyone else feel this, I am seeing the consultant tomorrow and would like some real insight from you all if this is common.

thank you.  Sue x 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, I know exactly what you mean! My new knee is clicking and clunking all the time, but my Physio says its absolutely normal, and not to worry about it. I dont see my consultant again until July, so Id be very interested to hear what yours says tomorrow.

Terri xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply

i suppose it's the comfort I want .   I just want it to be the norm - lol

thanks

sue x 

• Posted

mine does this is the car but I think mine is fluid? ??? part as im sat at the time???? Let us no what it is though? ??
    • Posted

Thanks andrea

hopefully I will be able to drive if all ok Tom.  But will be glad to find this is normal.    Or maybee at 6 weeks I am just still being aware of my leg too much ! 

Sue x 

• Posted

its difficult to say cos there's sooo many sensations I tried to describe to someone yest that I can tell it isnt mine????? it feels odd I said it feels like metal lol???? its hard to describe the feeling also im 12 weeks post op and only just started driving lol
  • Posted

Yes, mine does that and its normal as per my physio today.  Mine also clunks when I go on my exercise bike but I can't work out where..I can't put my hand at the back of my knee  whilst peddling....rolleyes  a bit like patting your head and hand doing circles on your  tummy at the same time.cheesygrin
  • Posted

Hi hazel

i forgot to say I'm 6 weeks tkr, I have been on my static bike just 5 mins twice day and can also feel something catching on the side I think also when I go to sleep on my side as I lay my leg sideways I feel the same click like when I wobble my knee.

oh well I will put a post on when I've had the consultants examination results , 

sue x 

• Posted

Pretty normal. The ligaments and tendons need time to tighten up and hold everything in place. It happens slowly. You just have to be patient and steady with the exercises.
    • Posted

Hi. Ofg

yes, your right, I'm impatient, and I suppose worried, apprehensive, to see the consultant, in case his body language try's to mask a joint with a "wobble".   The physio said when he had my leg in his hands moving it and feeling the click repetitively, " oh with plenty of excersise we can sometimes turn this around".  And as usual conversations sink in with me hours later, or I would have asked him to be more precise.

i don't have any significant pain, but then I am medicating well at the moment every 4 hours, and worry that in a few weeks things could be different when I try to start to reduce back to normal.

oh well once again it is just so good to transfer thoughts to paper, well this forum !  

It it is such a good private counselling session, to give myself with the help of everyone.

i already feel better,  and my thoughts drift to you and your situation, and I now feel such a fraud, but I will as so many on here do be thinking of you as we are now in June,  and soon it will be your time to share some progress with us.

thanks Sue x 

• Posted

Yes mine does it all the time, sometimes even my hubby can hear it,it is I agree a very strange sensation, I now refer to the noises and clunking sensation as my "hardware"
  • Posted

Hi all,

well, I have seen the consultant today, all is well, 

he he explained that to be able for the new knee to work there has to be a margin of space and this is acceptable and in time my body and mind will accept this and I will not notice the click, rattle clunk, and the knee will be mine! 

so I must "get on with it".   Focus and try to get back to normality slowly, carefully and positively!

good luck to all.  

S xx

• Posted

ooook susan thats good - I think lol at least its nowt to worry about and thanks for letting us no itl put a lot of minds to rest x
  • Posted

Totally normal. At 6 weeks po my knee still makes funny noises. The muscles and tendons need to get back to normal and build their strength back up. My PT gave me a maneuvor to move my knee cap...up and down and side to side. It doesn't hurt and helps loosen things up. I usually do this when I'm massaging the scar with cocoa butter, to help break up any scar tissue that might be forming.
  • Posted

Hi Im 3 weeks po and my knee *clunks* when im doing exercises I think its perfectly normal, how are you managing the swelling?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.