Posted , 6 users are following.
Hi there, I'm a 19 year old male and extremely worried.
I have had constant swallowing problems for 4 months now and I am getting to the end of my tether.
The swallowing issues are combined with a constant need to clear my throat. I can describe the swallowing to you. I go to swallow and get halfway through the motion and then nothing happens until I force myself to complete the rest of the swallow. This only happens about 25% of the time. The other 75% it seems to be slightly strained but that's it.
I had an ENT appointment about a month ago and he had a look down and said that he could see some inflammation and prescribed omeprazole for three months. He said nothing else, so I don't know what he thinks I have.
All I have in my head is I am dying. This swallowing problem is the beginning of the end for me. My main worry is ALS and I can't shake it.
Does this sound like LPR to anybody - this is what I've decided I have?
1 like, 16 replies