Is it lymph nodes.. Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a lump on the right side of my neck which is pretty much painless.. Iv been to the doctor who said its swollen lymph nodes.. Was given antibiotics but they seem to have not made a difference.. What should i do? Please help as its worrying me like crazy

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have been in your situation, pea sized painless lump behind the ear. My G.P. didn't waste time with antibiotics, he immediately admitted that he didn't know what the lump was so referred me to the hospital. A biopsy showed DLBCL (lymphoma) but because I was referred straight away it was only stage 1a. Three rounds if chemotherapy, 17 days of radiotherapy finished a year ago. So, my advice to you is to go back to your doctor, be assertive and tell him that you are not satisfied and that you wish to be referred. If he refuses see another doctor. It may well be something totally trivial, but, as in my case, it may not. So push hard for the treatment that you want and don't take no for an answer, doctors aren't gods, they're just ordinary people like us!

• Posted

Thankyou that means alot.. It seems to be going down but i will go to my gp first thing on monday
  • Posted

Hi rahela, I am not sure if it's anything serious, but you could ask for a blood test to make sure it's not anything serious. Sometimes a blood test can show up a few things. I found out I had Polycythemia Vera and gout, just because a doctor gave me a routine CBC. I was shocked, but happy he'd tested me.

Good luck on a diagnosis.

harrishill

• Posted

Hi. I had blood tests before, during and after my cancer and all of them were clear. Blood tests are not used to diagnose cancer, they are used to see if blood counts are abnormal, the liver is functioning properly etc. which can be indications that there is a problem that needs investigating. Abnormalities can be caused by many, many different conditions.
    • Posted

Make sure you keep in touch - I'm here to listen and support you. x

• Posted

Been taking amoxcillin five days bt the lump seems bigger.. Been to gp and said send me for a ultrasound i hpe i get it soon.. The lump is scarin me
    • Posted

It's natural to feel scared. You shouldn't have to wait too long for an ultrasound, but if you know which hospital you're being referred to for scan you can always ring them up and ask them if they can give you an approximation of how long you will have to wait ( I have done this myself on occasion). You'll feel a lot better when you've had that done. Before you ring hospital check with your surgery that the referral has been made, doctors are sometimes a bit slow with the paperwork! If you need to talk I'm here, keep in touch x

• Posted

Ur an angel! Had the lump ten days now.. Referral was done a few days ago so hopefully should hear something next week.. The antibiotcis didnt work at all
    • Posted

Had the ultrasound cme up as swollem lymph glands lump is still there though lll

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.