Is it Meniere disease?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I had something very strange yesterday. I had tinnitus the night before and woke up in the morning with my right ear blocked. I very rarely have tinnitus, I probably had it only few times for the whole life. So with my right ear I was able to hear very poorly, maybe 5%. I didn't have any other symptoms but maybe very minor dizziness that didn't really bothered me and I had to drive right away after waking up. I had ENT doctor appointment today, he thinks it could be Meniere. The minor dizziness gone within an hour after I left home, The ear blockage was resolved afternoon. I also had a pressure feeling. I'm usually not afraid of many things but I was scared and depressed with that symptom.

Does it look like Meniere disease?

Thanks!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello timur38,

I do not comment on this site much. I wanted to let you know I was told for many years I had Meniere's.

I did not --- frontal lobe seizures. Get more opinions -- get an EEG test.

I have tinnitus , have had for many years. First right and then both.

Seizures are treatable. I was at the point of passing out and breaking legs. All went away after the first seizure pill.Good luck

• Posted

Tinnitus can be because of many reason. As of now it doesn't appear to be Minears at all.. Relax and keep and eye for any other symptom.

• Posted

Hi Anadi,

Thanks. Today on the third day after the episode my hearing is normal and I don't have any symptoms except minor ear pain that feels like a pain somewhere deep inside the ear and maybe some light headache.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for the responses.

Does the hearing returns to normal after attack? I was scheduled for a hearing test but I feel like my hearing is normal today.

• Posted

yes it comes back, but tinnitus becomes part of life for most patients.

• Posted

HI there. The combination of tinnitus, temporary hearing loss and feelings of ear pressure are classic symptoms of cochlear hydrops which is menieres without the vertigo. The hearing loss is usually more marked at low frequencies and you can test this for yourself at hearingtest.online ( its free of charge).

• Posted

Hi Ponx,

Thank you for the test. It shows mild hear lost at the 250 low frequency but I asked my wife have a test and we got exactly the same result.

• Posted

Hi again. the point is to take the hearing test again if you have another attack and during the attack. lets hope you dont have it again..

• Posted

Hi Ponx,

I don't understand how to distinguish it between other conditions that cause similar symptoms. I mean this disease is rare and the doctor saw me first time and I have never had any issues with ears at all. Are there any tests i can ask a new ENT doctor I will see this week?

Thanks!

• Posted

does anyone have ear itching ? I have been having it for the last 6 months. Im thinking of getting second opinion from the another ENT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.