Is it menopause or aging?

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi,

I've been a member for over a year and have been reading many of the discussions. I am wondering if menopause really has 200+ symptoms, or if some of it is just age. Or are people calling aging menopause?

The reason I question a lot of this is that I had so many of the symptoms before menopause, especially during child-bearing years.

Another thought is that aging men also have similar symptoms; hence making me think some things are simply age related.

Some of the things I've learned aging men have: headaches, pain between shoulder blades, back aches, muscle aches in general, tiredness, low energy, depression, mood swings, edginess, eye aches, vision problems, memory problems (especially, "what was I gonna do/why did I come in this room"?), fuzzy head, ear pain, itchy skin, thinning hair, UTI's, bowel problems, etc. I can go on and on, but the question is: "Is it menopause (hormone related) or just aging?" Or do men go through hormone changes also?

4 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I absolutely agree with your comment -question! I sometimes think if my husband is also going through menapause since he seems to have some complaints and only a few years older than me!!??
  • Posted

Could I ask what have you taken, if anything, to manage the symptoms of peri/menopause?
    • Posted

nothing. I didn't have any major problems with menopause; mostly vaginal atrophy (over the counter vaginal lubricant for that) I had fibroids my whole life but now they disappeared. Now have polyps but just watching them.

• Posted

The combipatch it is amazing!!! I was so sick for 8 months until I got on the patch. Only IBS now. I am on thyroid meds too but my hot flashes, mood swings, heart palps went away when i got on the patch!
  • Posted

My man says he suffers too! That's only because he has to deal with me when my issues act up. Men would be totally incapacitated if they suffered throw what I did for over a year. I still went to work and kept up the house. Women deserve to go straight to heaven for what we suffer through!

• Posted

Absolutely agree. I have a mature husband and he dies help around the house etc. But with some health complaint he comes up with makes me crazy. I sometimes think that subconsciously he is competing with my perimenapause symptoms or he is also going through it. I sometimes want to scream and say "I really don't care what you suffer from!" Keep quiet! Aaaarg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.