Is it Ms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

If I have slight numbness and pins and needles in certain parts of my body that come and go by the hour is this even a possible sign of ms? I have read that ms symptoms are usually constant and severe during an episode so is it possible that if the sensations are minor and intermittent that it could be something less serious?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi paul47495

MS symptoms can be varied for each individual as depends where the inflammation is in the brain and what sensory areas it effects..burning./stabbling pains in certain areas are common as it the MS hug which feels like a tight band around your chest, fatigue is another nuisance symptom to say the least sad

Have a look on the MS website which offers lots of advice & support

If you are getting symptoms and worried it may be MS you need to be referred to a neurologist to have your symptoms further explored...good luck

• Posted

I think the question asked here is similar to another one asked recently.  The question is do the symptoms change quickly, as in by the hour.   For example, do those of you with MS get numbness of a body part that lasts only one hour or less?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.