Is it my thyroid?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've noticed that I've been having symptoms really similar to anxiety however I also noticed it is mostly after I eat.

If I spend about 5 hours with no food, I do not get these symptoms such as short breathe, fast heartbeat and pressure on my chest also like my throat is closed up like I am being chocked.

Whenever I eat I get these symptoms for couple of hours. Are these symptoms of my thyroid releasing more substance than it should for my metabolism when I eat? Assuming thyroid release the substance mostly when I eat for my metabolism?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

The only thing I can suggest is you do some research on the net and in med books. It sounds like you are allergic to something.

Not an easy one to work out. You could send a sample to one of those allergy companies to try and narrow it down. Maggie x

• Posted

I am not sure about allergy since no matter what I eat literally it happens, does thyroid have these symptoms?
    • Posted

Dear John, I have looked up these symptoms and it says it is a combination of asthma and GERD which is reflux. The acid going up into the esophagus inflames it and causes the shortness of breath. I would go to the doctors with this. Maggie x
    • Posted

I have had an abdominal echography, nothing was shown as bad. There was a tiny issue that is so small in my lungs. However, the doctor said it is no big deal.
    • Posted

Hi John,

I have just looked up "test for asthma" and it is called a spirometer......as type of breath test. Worth a go. Maggie x

• Posted

To be honest, i doubt it is anything health. More like anxiety, but could anxiety hit all of a sudden even if i am not thinking about anything depressing or stressing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.