Is it normal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Doctor up my blood pressure medicine is this something normal we go through with menopause ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Funny you should ask that question. I asked my PC that question. She said no, but of course I never believe what she tells me cause she never listened to any of my other symptoms that are related to peri-menopause. I would most bet high BP is another Peri symptom.
  • Posted

I think it has some relation to peri. I've always had good normal pressure. When all these symptoms started, my doc put me on bp meds too and I noticed at times it was a little high especially when I'm anxious. So it could very well be in relation to peri.
    • Posted

Me too Jamie. I'm not on meds for it though cause its not high all the time.
    • Posted

I don't think mines is high all the time either. Normall it isn't until i get in that anxious mode.
  • Posted

I didn't have HBP until perimenopause into menopause, mine is controlled with meds.  I am assuming it has its hand in it!!! My GP was trying to control it but with no luck so I went to a cardiologist, one visit and change in medicine and I am fine!  xx
    • Posted

Me either ladies I just think the morning that I went into the doctors office it was kind of high like 150 over 100 but I had just got done smoking a cigarette and had my coffee the last half a cup before I walked into the doctors office I know smoking is bad but I can't let go of my coffee just yet and he took my blood pressure and it was 150 over 100 and he just automatically threw me up on another blood pressure pill
  • Posted

Maybe your blood pressure does go up a bit. Mine has always been very low but last few times I've had it done it's still low for my age but not as worryingly low as it has been in the past.
    • Posted

The crazy thing is now it's proven that normal blood pressure ranges are 140 over 90 it's just the doctors that wanted to be like 120 / 75 they wanted to be perfect heck I don't even think the doctors blood pressures are perfect so I don't know its just crazy they drive me crazy with all these numbers and then hear my anxiety kicks up no wonder my blood pressure goes up skyrocket
  • Posted

I went to a cardiologist because I was having frequent palpitations (GP said it was just anxiety and to take Xanax) and it turned out I have atrial tachycardia (fast/irregular heartbeat) and slightly high blood pressure too (used to be on the low side).  Cardiologist said it could be caused by hormones (peri), put me on beta blockers and now palpitations are pretty rate (just happen if I get a bad anxiety attack, like last night). 
    • Posted

Also another subject I had ladies did your allergies act up more since menopause mine seem to be acting up more and more and then my nose gets so stuffy I can't breathe out of my nose and it makes my chest feel heavy any response to this one ladies
    • Posted

I haven't had my allergies that I used to get (sneezy, itchy eyes, etc) but my doc said I've got inflammation in my sinuses and I get watery eye (on my left side only) all the time now.  My chest feels heavy all the time too, my hubby is always asking my why I'm heavy sighing, I say it's just what I need to do sometimes smile 
  • Posted

bp is definitely a peri symptom, monique

i had to start bp meds because i had 160 by 100 when i went to the endocrinologist for check up in September 2015

and an app on meno i have for accupressure gives an exercise for bp - fold your left hand and press near the V- joint- first circular and then anti circular, soit must be meno related

i have a stuffy nose with slight headache since two days - it may be because we moved out of winter and we've started using the AC....

• Posted

Hi Monique! I think I'm late getting back to everyone. YES, hbp is definitely a symptom of menopause. It fluctuates sometimes hour to hour. Mine is always higher in the doctors office and we laugh that it's "white coat syndrome". It was never high until menopause. My doctor suggested an at home monitor to check t/o the day and it's low, medium and high. Anxiety attacks is another debilitating symptom which does not help BP. Hang in there!!
    • Posted

Thank you I'm always a nervous wreck about everything wish mom was here to help me I just can't deal with it sometimes
    • Posted

Same thing happens to me. I'm fine at home just not when they check it at the drs. Office. I check mine regularly at home and its never above 90. Usually like 130/85 or 86.
    • Posted

Went to doctors today to get recheck on bp well 126/85 today normal blood pressure he asked me was I taking the 10 milligram tablets and I told him no I was still taking my 5 which I ran out of yesterday but when I went to the doctors today I haven't taken anything and I had a normal reading go figure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.