Is it normal for my throat to look this way?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Everytime i swallow i feel discomfort on the right side. It almost taste like salty. Kinda like mucus. Or is it a normal looking throat? Im not in pain more like discomfort image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear sindy,

It looks like your right tonsil is slightly swollen. I also wonder if you have tonsillar stones (tonsilloliths) that could be causing your symptoms.

There's a better description and more information from Wikipedia if you search for 'tonsil_stones'.

You've submitted this under 'Sexual Health', so are you worried that it could be caused by an STI? If so, I suggest you get checked in a GU/sexual health clinic and request a throat swab for gonorrhoea & chlamydia.

Rgds,

Adhari.

• Posted

I dont have gonorrhoea or chlamydia ive been tested. And im not sure why its swollen i think my tonsil always looked that way. I think some people have one bigger than the other. Ima check it out though thanks for your feed back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.