IS IT NORMAL FOR PURLSE TO COME OUT OF MY ANKLE AFTER 8MONTH OF SURGRY

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an accident on the 17 of march 2017,I broke my patella and broke my ankle...did my surgery and it 8month now,I can walk on the leg but to bend it hurt like hell and the ankle hurt when I walk on it, it swell up and in some minute later pulse start coming out of it. Is it normal for purse to come out? And about the bending...my knee is tight and can bend what should I do pls?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its not normal at all and it sounds like you have an infection. You must see a doctor ASAP. If you are in UK  you can go to A/E.   This needs urgent attention.
    • Posted

Tanks a lot, did u have any advise for the bending aspect...cos I don't know what to do anymore update me please

• Posted

There is not much you on your own can do for your knee and pus problem....This needs professional orthopaedic help. You should not delay in getting this help as the pus may be coming from an infected bone. You say you had surgery....can you return to the place where you had that surgery?  If not then contact your doctor who can direct you to an orthopaedic consultant. Did you have plates/pins?  or what? Something is seriously wrong here and needs sorting out quickly before it worsens.  you urgently need antibiotics.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot,I will work on it,I have plate and pin attached to the bone,does it mean anything,cos it way too expensive here in Africa,but when I consult the o.s what ever he says I will update u thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.