Is it normal for RE to cause pain sometimes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I currently take 0.4mg of flomax a day due to a tight bladder neck. Most of the time I suffer from dry orgasms, but sometimes if sex has been going on for a while, ill ejaculate more but at ejaculation i will experience some discomfort along with a pressure and sharp stinging as the pelvic floor contracts. Will this cause any long term damage? I'd rather take this medication for now instead of having my bladder neck sliced open. Im 33.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had RE for several years, first from doxazosin, then from a TURP. I have never experienced any discomfort from it. The long term damage question is one for your doctor.

• Posted

Jason:

A study from UCSF showed that flomax has a relatively high incidence of causing floppy-iris syndrome. This is mostly an issue when you need cataract surgery; but, on the other hand, I don't believe there were many men your age in that data analysis (if any at all). My personal experience is that doctors in the US are not aware of this study (I had to inform my two urologists and GP). Alfuzosin seems to be a safer bet, but can also cause the syndrome but at a much lower incidence than flomax.

Something to consider. Use google to find the article since it is difficult to post links here.

• Posted

replace Flomax with Alfuzosin, to recover most of of your ejaculant, this was my experience, after few years on Flomax I switched to Alfuzosin, all good now

• Posted

at age 33 you want to have strong ejaculations and not need to take any of these medications. A good urologist should be able to fix your problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.