Is it normal that my blepharitis is affecting my upper eyelids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all, just noticed that recently my upper eyelids (below the eyebrows) are getting red, not painful or itchy, with a little bit of white scales, after removing the scales with Blephasol, that part of skin seems to be wrinkled. 

For months my blepharitis only affected the eyelid margins, could it spread to the upper part as well? 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That sounds more like Exema or Psoriasis. With everything we use to control the Bleph, it's not rare to end up with some kind of rash or alergy. In my case, it's Psoriasis.

• Posted

I will try to stop using Bleph for a while and only use warm water to clean my eyelids. It could be that because I clean my eyelids too often some kind of allergy appeared. 
  • Posted

Hi,if you are useing wet compresses,wipes etc,all that water and washing is probably drying your skin out there.
    • Posted

That's what I thought, in my case I don't think it's the clogged meibomian glands that caused the problem, as I eat little oil everyday and my eyelids had never been greasy.  

It all started with a minor infection, I used antibiotics for a while and kept on travelling, probably due to the poor hygine in South Asia then it developed into blepharitis, pretty annoying for a young guy like me in his 20s. 

• Posted

Im sorry you are going through this also. It is not fun.Xx
  • Posted

You don't really have a choice but to clean with whatever works for you. If you try different methods found on this site, you will find a way to not develop a rash and yet control your blepharitis. It's different for everyone. 

I'm really sorry that you have developed this condition at this young age. Good luck !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.