Is it normal to have a clear vaginal discharge w/ perimenopause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is clear vaginal discharge normal with perimenopause? I have to wear pads all the time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margie

i saw the doc last pm at well woman clinic and asked the same thing! 

I don't need to wear pads but as I'm now to HRT 3 mths she said it should settle down but if it doesn't to see my Gp. Mine has streaks of blood running through it too which concerned me. 

• Posted

I to have to wera pads due to a lot of discharge i can not take HRTs because of my thyroid my diabetes and my blood pressure, I take zoloft, trazodone, lamotrigine and lorazepam to help with my menopause symptoms but its the discharge i have to where i have to wear protective underwear and pads 

its embaressing to me when i smell down there is it ever going to stop with the discharge just want to be normal again

Elizabeth rolleyes

• Posted

I started perimenopause 10 days before my 50 birthday...............I had every symptom in the book................... was a total mess..........fast forward 3 years later im feeling much better........ but since starting this whole ordeal............i would have clear dischargeat least a week before my period........and 15+ days after finishing my period.............as you can imagine im wearing a pad all through the month...............i asked my gyno about the discharge and she didnt have a clue................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my pap smear came back normal as well........ ??????????????? what the h@ll is going on with this discharge im sooooooo over it...........cant take this meno anymoooore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if anyone has a clue as to what it can be please help us out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.