Is it ocd?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So growing up I've been pretty normal untill about a month ago. I lost 56 lbs in a month and a week from a keto diet that I don't think I was doing properly to panic attacks/anxiety started growing on me and when I started a 10mg medication within 3 days I started to devolp thoughts . Which leads sometimes to me panicing . Never really been like this growing up untill all these changes. Anyways phsycritrist took me off the meds and I was on them for 7 days and been off them for 10 now. But did I devolp ocd from all these changes or is it more of what my body is going through? I know its alot to do with chemical in balance and prob lacking on alot but I need answers

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Brandon,

So you went the keto route, good! Keto is amazing when done properly.

Let me start things off by saying what did your diet consist of and were you intermittently fasting? Ok, next, what meds were you taking and why? Don't be shy on this forum, you have alot of support here. As far as OCD is concerned, we all have it, its part of our human conditioning. I wouldn't stress just yet.

Keep in touch,

Damian

• Posted

My diet consisted of just beef and bacon and eggs and little water with no fruits and veggies and butter for cooking. Loss 56 lbs fast in one month .I took Lexapro for about 6-7 days and started having these thoughts after all the panicing and stuff so after chest x-rays and blood test and ecg my heart and chest was fine . So I went to the doctors and that's when he prescribed me. But after seeing crisis and pschycritrist they took me off it it's been 10 days now. I wasn't as bad as before but it's still get them time to time and sometimes I struggle picking up a pencil without a thought which has never been me. So I was having panic attacks and little anxiety. I mean I can handle it but when the thoughts hit sometimes my anxiety kicks in. But I was today there are great vitamins and with good nutrition and excersise and proper vitamins it will panticapate.

• Posted

Hey Brandon,

It's amazing that you lost so much weight. Have you been supplementing as well? If your not eating veggies then your probably not getting enough potassium which helps to matabolize fat. This will also create potential issues with a fatty liver. Best way to do things like this would be to talk with some of the doctors on here about nutrition.

And you can get a free shopping list of food on my site where I talk about keto dieting at mind and body enthusiasts dot com. On another note, why aren't you asking for better meds for anxiety? Im on klonopin and It really calms things down for me. And I believe one of the sides for lexapro is suicidal thoughts.

Cheers,

Damian

• Posted

Haha yeah I decided I'm going to do things natural with the help from my nutritionist and excersise and right vitamins which sometimes can be better the antidepressants everything will be good ! Thanks for the suggestions though damian

• Posted

Yeah no problem Brandon. Thats why we are here to help one another. Always feel free to message me. I saw yesterday that you wanted to talk privately but I was in the middle of getting a rent-a-car. Sorry dude.

Damian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.