Is it ok to have a ovarian cyst over a year now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey ladies, last year in august 2016 I've been told during my ultrasound that I have a cyst on my ovary a small one though and aperantly it seems like it's a simple harmless cyst that will go away in few weeks on its own, well almost a year has passed by and I had another ultrasound this month and the cyst is still there, im a lil confused they just keep saying it's othinh serious and harmless but why is it still there?, plus I'm trying for a baby and I was also told I'm low on progesterone, so I'm not happy as I keep thinking what if this cyst is also stopping me from having a baby I really don't know, so I be supper thankful if there was someone giving me some advice? And their opinion on this situation? Please!? Thank you.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've had an ovarian cyst for 6 years and I am having a laparoscopic cystectomy in august, there's nothing to worry about, they discovered mine when I was 14 and I'm 20 this year, when they discovered it, it was 3cm and now it is 6/7cm, my MRI scan last november shown it was 5cm then April this year it has grown another cm and mine went from fluid filled to now fluid and solid. Cyst are harmless it's just when there is a change there could be a reason why but I wouldn't worry too much, if you are speak to your gynaecologist. May I ask how big is it and has it stayed the same size in the last year? Also have you had any bloods done e.g ldh,ca125?

• Posted

Thank you for ur reply, that makes me a lil less worried, hope everything goes well for U and you finally get rid of this cyst. They said it's the same size but didn't give me exact size, I've only had ultrasounds in the past blood tests only for my progesterone and I had general one done in past which showed that I'm also deficient on vitamin D, but do you think I should ask for ca125 type of blood test? Also did it affect you in any way having a O/C that long?

• Posted

no worries, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me, if you worried and you suspect anything worrying theres no harm in asking, ive had my ca125 and ldh and they came back high thats why im having a biopsy when i am in theatre. Having this cyst for so long has caused me problems but only in the last year, for example realluy bad bloating and back pain. Also it is now classed as an ovarian tumour due to the fact it is now going solid but otherwise before i never noticed any symptoms. Try not to worry although i know its not easy x
    • Posted

Aww poor thing, yes I have bloating problems too I feel the pain in the back more like kidney area especially in the morning when I wake up and as soon as I go to the toilet to pee and release some wind I feel the pain goes away, and I know I don't have kidney problems as I have went for scans and urine test and it all came normal, but they were not able to explain my symptoms that's why I'm confused. How do u explain you back pain and bloating ?

• Posted

I mean how do you describe your back pain and bloating.
    • Posted

Yes mine was a small

Cyst They were not bothered about now 8 months on they are calling it tumour and re doing blood test . Got appt weds but I am 56 so they said at my age it shouldn't be there ... gawd !

• Posted

That's awful, I'm sorry to hear about that, and did u have any symptoms? Or did u spot any change All that time.

• Posted

i have to take naproxen (anti inflamatory tablets) due to the intense back pain, it radiates to my lower back and thighs its so painful and my bloating is 24/7 its due to my cyst being quite large x
  • Posted

the tablets are painkillers for inflammed areas as my back is inflamed aswell as my cyst as a crp blood test shows inflammation and infection x

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that really, thank u for sharing your story and I wish u all the best sweetie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.