Is it ok to take multi vitamins along with hrt? Any advice please

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies, wondering about taking multi vitamins along with your hrt?, thinking particulary about B6. I read its meant to help with mood?, tho the bottle says helps regulate hormonal activity - would this work againat whatever your patches are trying to do? Hope ive explained ok? Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Angela sorry you're having a hard time with anxiety, I can empathise with you, I suffered for 7 years before going on HRT, much better now thank goodness. I never had antideoresssnts, but I took Kalms and used rescue remedy, both helped calm me when I had bad days. I take vitamin D and b complex daily too

• Posted

I agree, Kalms and night rescue spray are very useful for good sound sleep. And to help soothe anxiety, neither are addictive either.
    • Posted

Hi Twiggy, did you not find the rescue remedy gave you heartburn/acid reflux? I used to use it with no problem, but I found I couldn't use it when I really needed it.

• Posted

Hi Supemack39! No heartburn I use the spray on the tongue at night, 2 squirts and it's been fine!

• Posted

Hi ljp64 not sure if you are still on here but how long with HRT before your anxiety felt better please? Ive only been taking it for 7 weeks but anxiety still there 😦 xx

• Posted

Hi, Angela.

Been on Evorel patches for over a year & have been taling evening primrose 7 glucasamine vitamins for donkeys years. No problems at all. Spose we are all different but worth a try. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you Jean

I'll be swapping from fem7conti to Everol this Saturday. I'm

Hoping it will be as good.

I just noticed the eostriol amount was higher so think I may use half a patch and see if sweats come back or not!

• Posted

Hi Twiggz.. just from personal experience .. I cut my patch to exactly half last Tuesday (25rh Apr) have been slowly decreasing it for quite some time.. so far so good (fingers crossed).. a couple of very low heat flushes .. you can only trial/error it and see how you feel smile
  • Posted

Hi Angie, i take multi vitamins alongside my HRT and all seems fine at the minute. just awaiting the HOT sweats to subside.

Is there any particular vitamin that i should be taking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.