Is it okay to have sex if I have jock itch

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get jock itch and now treating it with an OTC antifungal cream. Symptoms are relieved but the condition has not been completely healed. So is it safe if I have sex during this time? Can I pass it to my sexual partner? Anyone has experience with this? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Although jock itch is not a sexually transmitted disease, it can be transmitted through sexual intercourse. If your infection has not been treated fully and you practice sex, your partner can definitely get infected. So avoid having sex until your jock itch has been completely healed. You can apply OTC antifungal cream like Fugacil, or use antifungal powder on the affected areas. Plus, wear cotton underwear to keep your junk dry, comfortable and to avoid further spreading of infections. What kinds of OTC antifungal cream that you have used? I used Fugacil and it cured my jock itch so quickly, in nearly a week. You can ask your pharmacist for this cream.
  • Posted

it is a disease that is contagious, you should not do it. u should heal this first to the end

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.