Is it perimenopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

I hope someone can help me. I'm 46. I have had severe pressure headaches every day for 3 months. My legs are weak and feels like I can't stand. Anxiety and panic are the pits,getting panic attacks twice a day. I'm depressed and not my happy self. Every day is hard. Buzzing in my ears and dizziness too. 😕

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aww michelle you shouldnt have you suffer this and for so long! Have you been to your Doctor love? Im sure all is fine but peace of mind from your Doctor should help you a little at least? You must be such a strong lady to cope with all this but i am worried for you. Can you get to your Doctor for a check up? Sending u hugs and kind thoughts xxx
    • Posted

Thankyou. My doctor just says it's anxiety. I feel like I am going mad. I feel sorry for my kids and husband. I try to think positive but is hard.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, it does sound as if your in the throes of peri. Peri brings the symptoms you have and so does the anxiety

I stopped taking my HRT last Tuesday thinking it wasn't agreeing with me

This morning I've been crying my eyes out feeling depressed, anxious feeling my life's over and that I can't go on

My symptoms seem worse than ever, I turned around quickly last night to grab my phone and it made me feel dizzy & sick, then I panicked. Woke up at 5am terrible nausea

I think you should visit your GP because there's no point in you suffering unnecessarily. I'm going to call my dr tomorrow and may ask to go back on tibolone as I don't think the side effects are as bad for me as taking other HRTs

Hope we can get some relief soon

Wishing you all the best

Brenda

• Posted

Hi there. It's horible isn't it ? I thought to myself people must always think I'm ill. I've got a happy life but every day is so hard. I thought I was going loopy. Depression panic attacks,headaches,weakness. Frightened a lot of the time.
    • Posted

No your not going loopy Michelle although I have felt like that myself many times, you just can't express how bad it can feel unless you've experienced it

Try and stay calm when you feel the sensations starting, don't fight them, just accept them, this will take some of the fear away and you'll have less adrenalin, all that does is give you nausea and makes everything worse

You'll soon settle once you accept what's wrong and know that it's temporary

Hear from you soon

Take care X

• Posted

Wouldn't it be nice just to pass this thing over to your husband so he could see what it's like to feel like this? just for a while mind, coz I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    • Posted

😂 damn right I would, I'd like to see how he would cope with all of these weird symptoms

My husband would probably just go to bed and sleep until it all passed because that's what he does anytime he's ill which I have to say isen't very often, he dosn't tend to panic about anything the way I do

However, who knows how anyone can endure what we ladies are going through at the moment. I'll certainly never forget this as long as I live

I feel trapped and claustrophobic with it all, no control over it, I used to really enjoy life, had a great job, full life, now I actually feel disabled...🙈

I hope we start to get some relief soon zigangie

Take care and here's to better days x

• Posted

Michelle

I don't get headaches but I developed nerve issues on my left side. I have weakness in my legs and can't even pull myself up from a kneeling or squatting position. If I sit too long I get nerve pain and tingling in my groin and down my left leg. It's so annoying!

• Posted

ah yes michelle  i have been getting this on and off since i was 36 when i started this horrible peri i am 53 now its horrible i started 1000  starflower oil and its not as often now , im feeling crap the last few days with this its horrible isnt it sweetie what can i say , i hope you find something to help it good luck
    • Posted

Hi Karen .Thankyou. I don't understand why doctors don't come up with perimenopause. They do all other tests and just say anxiety and give you tablets.
    • Posted

I was told on one of my numerous visits that I was perimenopausal. The doctor said it doesn't mean much really just you don't have enough estrogen in your system to push the remaining eggs out.

Because I trusted what she was saying I didn't even begin research until after post meno.

All of my symptoms and I think I've had most of the 66 and some, were blamed on depression, even though I insisted I had nothing to be depressed about.

Now I've started HRT I have realised just how awful it's been not having enough estrogen.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Sounds like peri to me. I've had all those symptoms. Sorry you are feeling so bad. Check with your doctor to see where your levels are, in case you are low on the vitamins and minerals our bodies need. The doc can check your hormones even though those blood tests are not always reliable. At least you will know it's hormone related and can start to see if any supplements or meds can help you to feel better.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Before I went on HRT I was using a good quality ionic multivitamin.

Extra b12 and magnesium.

It seemed to help a bit but not as good as the HRT for addressing the symptoms. I think the weak leg thing is part of crashing fatigue.

• Posted

Hi. Yes I've been in a panic mode for 3 months now. It feels like my body is giving up. I am going to start HRT. I've done research into it. I want to enjoy life with my kids before they leave home. I must be a misery always
    • Posted

Yes give it a try Michelle, I feel I've wasted 10 years being always ill such a misery, I wish I had known about HRT earlier and tried it before now.

My youngest didn't get all the attention I would liked to have given her because of the way I felt.

Also I'm lucky my husband has patience with me. We have argued so much all the same as I have only had energy enough for the basic things I have to do and become so boring not wanting to go out.

I also lost my mum in 2012 and feel I didn't give her the same help I could have if it had not been for the horrible way I was feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.