is it possible.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

these awful peri symptoms are due to low testosterone?

I read somewhere that even females need testosterone in order to function properly.

I am desperate for help....

I am post surgery to remove an endometriosis cyst but still my peri symptoms are here!

I cannot anymore..

I am waiting for my period and check up after 30 days of my surgery and then I ask my doctor for treatment.

I am very young and I am suffering badly

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Evi, the obgyn I had before my new one tested my T.... the lab range was 8.4-48.1...mine was 5.3. I was complaining of very bad fatigue and asked what should be done and she said treatment was not recommended. Also, fatigue is not a symptom of low T... I call BS on that but that is what she said. New obgyn said nothing about it. OMG! why test for something, tell me it is low and do nothing!

• Posted

I have read somewhere that testosterone is converted into estradiol in women's bodies through aromatases mechanisms. We are extremely complicated and in my case an error of nature.

Are you having any sex drive?

me almost nothing...

God, my Lord help us!

• Posted

Oh and I forgot Lou that birth control pills may lower testosterone levels, too

I am sure that there is a correlation between low testo and some of our awful symptoms

• Posted

Hi Evi, not sure about the low T thing. feeling horrible last couple days. so dizzy and exhausted, weak. It is rainy here and I have awful forehead tension. think some of this are start up side effects of the BCP...making everything that I already deal with 10x worse. Feels like what happened to me 17 months ago when I went off. This would mark the week before my period...even though I will not get one...and my symptoms were always bad then. soooooooo sick of all this! I go to the dizzy dr in 2 weeks. Hate being a woman right now! So p****d everyone around me is is bopping around and feeling great. sorry to rant!

• Posted

I understand you Lou,

think that I am much younger than you.

All of my life and dreams have been destroyed by hellish hormones. My faith in God and the love for my family keeps me alive, believe me

I am praying every day for miracle cure...The peri symptoms are unbearable and uncontrollable. Only someone who has experience them can feel us.

Do not compare yourself with no one else around you. I used to make this kind of thoughts but it doesnt help me. I am trying to focus on me and help myself,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.