Is it possible I have Fibromyalgia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am currently in process of an investigation to find out why I feel as I do. I have had blood tests that have come back clear and GP referring me to Rheumatology. My symptoms are: constant aches as if I'm getting flu. Pain (severe at times) in neck, shoulders, below shoulder blades, elbows, wrists, hips and knees. I often get an achey jaw too along with headaches. My periods are now very painful and when I eat certain foods I bloat and get stomach cramps. I am so tired most of the time but I have periods of time when my body turns heavy and I can barely put one foot in front of the other and feel so weak. I also have restless legs regularly of an evening and tingling in my hands and feet. At night my feet feel like they are going to explode and the skin tear but there are no visible signs of swelling. The feet also become red hot. It's a horrible sensation. I also feel the need to pass water a lot too. There are other things too but I wondered if these things resonate with anybody else. By evening my words become quite slurry and I get my words muddled up... Any ideas?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi samantha,you sound like you discribing me,i have just been told i have FM by a

rheumy.Ijust started on some meds,not alot yet as i try to us as little as poss,for now

i also try to do some light exercise each day,as if i manage this i tend to have a better day,

sorry your feeling bad hope you get sorted soon,thers always good people on here to get info of,im quite new to this myself,found more inf on here than of the doctor,

good luckxx julie

• Posted

Thank you for your response Julie. I've just started the process of trying to discover what is happening to me. Just hope I don't have to wait too long for rheum appointment as all these things are starting to get me down. Hope you start to feel better soon. Sam x
  • Posted

Hi Samantha,

I was diganosed with Fibro 18 years ago and yes, all of the above are symptoms and if you are diagnosed with it, you will go on a journey of new and different things....all not good...all not recognized by tests!!!! 

Over the years, I've found the  main thing you need to do is to get a possitive attitude, it can't be fixed, so you need to take control...eat bettter, lots of raw fruit & veges,.keep busy so you sleep at night. Excersice is so important, walking and swimming, if your knees don't work...use your arms, if your arms don't work use your legs..there's always a part of you that's OK. Just don't let depression take over, it's not a death sentence, just another managable hurdle in life.

Keep positive.

Cheers

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I continue to work full time and more in a very stressful and hectic job. I try to be active in the few hours I have spare when I'm not at work and also keep a house. I'm certainly not giving up but I feel shocking. I was up early again this morning wandering round due to aches and pains and silly feet and I'm already exhausted and ready for bed. I feel like I've been going mad with all these things and was telling myself off for becoming a hypochondriac. My family were telling me I should have more energy (I'm 39) and I started to feel that I was lazy even though the exhaustion and everything else was very real. I also felt like I was constantly moaning about something to do with my body and again felt ashamed that I seemed to be a moaning hypochondriac. I didn't put any one of my symptoms together and just felt like I was falling to bits. It was only until a friend said go to doctors that this was considered, and if it is I feel almost relieved and that its not just me being pathetic .
    • Posted

Hi Samantha,

The pain you feel is real, regardless of the diagnosis, don't feel that you are a hypochondriac, and definately don't take any notice of people who think you are. They can't feel your pain, they aren't in your body! You sound, frantic & stressed, you need to take time out & smell the roses! Have a nice scented bubble bath and try to relax, go for a massage, take a short walk and sit in a park for a while and vege out! Things will work out once you know for sure.

You need to have lots of good sleep, make sure your bed & pillow are comfortable. You'll learn to do things in moderation, get the attitude....it can wait, then when you're feeling stronger you can catch up. Ask for help and don't feel guilty!!

Keep me in the loop and let me know how you're going.

Keep safe,

Cheers,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.