Is it possible to buy the Adalimumab Injection for my friend in China?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

My friend asked me to help her to buy Adalimumab Injection for her , but she is in China and not uk residents. Is it possible that I can buy it for her? If so, How and where?

It is very urgent! Hope someone can help!

Thanks very much!

Helen

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen,

im in Australia, not UK but that med sounds like a biologic DMARD. Here I have to attend a Rheumatologists office for a script of one similar, the script then has to be sent, by the Rheumatologist, to the Health Authorities for authorisation and then sent to me by post before I can access the injections. I would be very careful about sending any meds out of the country too, especially for someone else, even if you have the script (we have to show identity at the Chemist). Also these Biologic DMARDS have to be kept refrigerated I think (mine certainly do, only out of the fridge for 30 minutes before use).

• Posted

Mine to (simpony) it may be different for our American cousins sorry
  • Posted

As far as I know not even GPs are allowed to prescribe the biologics - and most must be kept chilled so transport even short distances would pose a problem.. They are also very expensive - in the UK the cost to the NHS which is negotiated on the basis of large volume use is nearly £10,000 per year. I have no doubt that a private prescription would be even more.

It isn't a single injection - it is given every 2 weeks. Are you really in a position to deal in that sort of spending for a friend?

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I didn't know it is so expensive. I'll let her know and explain this to her.

• Posted

Biologics cost in the vicinity of $15k to $30k per month unless covered by the relevant health authorities.
  • Posted

Has your friend tried methotrexate first?   The biologic drugs are extremely expensive and you need a doctor's order.   The other DMARD drugs are ideally tried first.   I am on  a biologic but it is sent by a specialty pharmacy and has to be kept at a certain temp.   I live in the US

Good luck to your friend.  I hope a drug is found that works 

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

I don't think doctor will prescribe me this for someone else . It is not possible to buy it without doctors prescription right?

Take care!

• Posted

Right - and has to be monitored closely too in most cases.
    • Posted

Helen, it would be highly unethical for any Doctor, in any country, to write a script on this basis. Trying to Send these very strong drugs out of the country could also be detrimental to you and your friend. My advice is for her to see an English speaking doctor in China and sort out meds for herself without involving you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.