Is it possible to have abdominal hernia without bulging

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suffer with constipation and bad digestion and heartburn and distended stomach and back pain

My pain usually begins when I've eaten or from bending and sometimes from medication.

It starts in the whole lower abdomen and I can feel sharp pain that happen multiple areas one at a time. I experience heartburn feeling of intense presure.

As pain progress usually within few hours I experience most intensive pain and pressure in my left upper abdomen under my ribs.

I have ultrasound in feb I'm taking ranitidine and deflatine.

Does this sound like hernia

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm no doctor, but for the two hernias I had, (inguinal, and umbilical) bulging was my first tipoff. It was instant, the second I got them. I think that's intestines poking through. I don't know if that's the same for all types of hernias.

• Posted

Before jumping to conclusions, I would advie you to see your GP in order to have a proper diagnosis.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Jessica  go and talk to your doctor again,  are you getting reflux in the throat, do you have like an acid burning, if yes  go back to your doctor ask for a second  opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.