Is it possible to have carpel tunnel and cubital tunnel at same time caused by AS

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey all

so i have AS that is fairly well managed its self ig just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and also told i probably have carpel tunnel caused by inflammation. it takes a while to get a referral for tests so just getting on with it.

my question is is it possible to have both carpel tunnel and cubital tunnel at the same time or ia it possible carpel is a miss diagnosis. i dont want to miss treat

i have a lot of hand and wrist pains theyn vary in severity and whether im having a flair but my small finger on both hands is very affected and 4th finger is stiff on both hands but only painful say half the day.

im hyoermobile (or something else not sure) so my thumbs touxh my wrist easily and all my hinge joints over stretch erc my left thumb physically can bend back wards just through muscle movement and is controllable

I'm asking in AS group as it's more likely to be immune caused or related

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

apologies for any typos my hands don't want to work this morning x

• Posted

Hi. never heard of carnal tunnel with AS. Had AS 36 years and have multiple immune diseases. Known people with Carnal Tunnel and was brought on by their job. Which most had therapy and soft cast. Best.

• Posted

I too have BAD carpal tunnel and i know it's caused by inflammation. carpal tunnel is a syndrome where doctors have said it's work related forever but they're now finding that it can be a part of inflamnmation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.