Is it possible to not use birth control or protection and not get pregnant

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I ask because this thought crossed my mind and I'm generally an anxious person when something comes to mind.

When I was much younger when I lost my virginity,(very early teens) I was sexually active and didn't use protection or birth control and didn't get pregnant,maybe I was lucky because my mother would of killed me at that age,now,I know I can get pregnant as I have been pregnant before but it resulted in miscarriage,after my miscarriage,I didn't go on any birth control,I think my partner at the time uses condoms but honestly we never really had sex because the relationship was dying and I didn't feel comfortable doing it,maybe we did a few times a month,and that was for one year,so I was off birth control for a year having occasional sex and didn't get pregnant. Someone please ease my mind that there's nothing wrong with me because clearly I am capable of getting pregnant because I have. I am young (21) but I overthink alot and now I'm worrying that because I didn't get pregnant having those sexual encounters,I'm worried there's something wrong with me even though I have been pregnant before.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There's only a small period of time in the month when you can get pregnant so it's possible to have sex when you're not ovulating and not get pregnant. Chances are that you were having sex when you weren't ovulating. Don't stress about it and be grateful that you didn't get pregnant accidentally!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.