IS IT POSSIBLE TO TONE UP AND LOSE A BIT OF WEIGHT WHILE PERI/MENPAUSAL ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm desperate ladies, I feel sluggish, heavy and like an American footballer, my shoulders and arms are big and my abdomen and back are gross, my chins are chubby, eek

​Trying to muster up the energy is so hard but I feel I must do this before I can't rolleyes

​Anyone got any suggestions that may help me with this horrendous challenge??question

Mrs M xxx  

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have your boobs enlarged too???? No one told me I'd transform into Pamela Anderson. 

I used to be a gym bunny but can barely get out of bed each day so getting bigger by the minute. If you find a solution please let me know. 

• Posted

I know it's dreadful but I must do somethin..................

​last chance saloon,

​my boobs are the only thing I like about myself these days, my feet aren't too bad either lol

​I look more like Hattie Jakes than P Anderson, all over bulk

​I am trying to diet rolleyes

Mrs M x 

• Posted

It's sooooo hard! I started eating better and exercising at least 5 times a week and I'm maintaining but not losing. I'm not big anyway but the belly seems to be set in for good! But it all depends on where you are starting. It's the changes that speed up your metabolism. So if you don't exercise at all, walking for 20 to 30 minutes a day will make a big difference. If you eat a lot of sugar, cutting way down will make a big difference. And I don't know if you all eat fast food like we Americans but it's bad stuff!!
  • Posted

ll if I could just tone up

​I need to lose it off the scales for my health though, even my Mum has noticed (I'm chesty at times)- WEIGHT around my upper body/abdomen

​One day I'll wake up and recognise the incredible hulk in the mirror eek

• Posted

MrsMerm,

Many of the things you have described are related to menopause.  As one example, those large overgrown breasts come directly from lack of estradiol stimulation.  Once we lose the estradiol from our systems, esterone takes over and our breasts become fat tissue.  

Esterone is the only way we have to make estrogen anymore without good functioning ovaries, and it is produced in fat cells.  So our bodies try to help us out, by producing more fat.   It sure sounds like what you are describing.   

• Posted

Thanks for that Gailannie wink

​it really helps to know what is happening to my flubbery body idea

​I am still going to try and fight it off though

Nite hun x

• Posted

The only way to lose the fat is something that elevates your heart rate. Weights for toning are fine but they will not get rid of fat. As we age, our metabolism slows. And we only lose the fat if we burn more calories than we take in. Easier said than done for sure!
  • Posted

I am with you on this body that has appeared.since my last period 2. Years ago my stomach muscles have upped and gone and my legs are so like tree trunks.i am a coeliac so I eat fresh food and don't snack but the weight and flab stay.i used to work out but my get up and go went to the same place as my muscles.good luck x
  • Posted

Morning Girls

Im with you there as well,  we all loose muscle tone and we turn to fat with menopause, Im also feeling flat with no energy and the heat does not help me either, as I "glow" (sweat) biggrin all the time that it burns my skin as im so acidic, so I truly understand that getting to the gym, weeeelllll   that's all I can say  hehe....

after 10 years I have decided to go onto HRT patches to try and loose the weight, but its irritating my skin,  so im also trying to just hang in there,  (what may I ask is Vaginal estrogen) I live in South Africa, and I have not heard of that,?  sorry to ask,  may you all have a blessed day

• Posted

The "middle age spread" it's vile sad

I walk at least 10000 steps a day in 20-30 minute periods but it has made no difference to the flab growing round my middle and my horrible tree trunk legs.

It is so depressing, I try to eat healthy things but still the flab creeps on sad

• Posted

Yes it is possible to tone up a little bit. Just do some walking, yoga, streching helps, arobics helps 

try these things and you will feel better about yourself

• Posted

However, after doing just 20 minutes of beginners YOGA exercises last night I feel like a slug this morning sad

I'm aching all over

This MENOPAUSE is the curse of womanhood !!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.