Is it really acid reflux ? I am extremely worried !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Few days ago while going to sleep I experienced a sudden jerk as if I am going to faint ( fainting sensation as if I am going to fall from a cliff with black out ). After visiting my family physician he concluded that it is nothing but Acid reflux. Even after the medications I am experiencing shortness in breath, chest tightness ( centre of the chest below breast bone ), fainting like sensation whenever I eat too much and gets worse when I lay down which avoids me from sleeping, heavy eyes, a bit of bloating, it feels like something has stuck in my throat ( bottom of the throat ), difficultly swallowing, cough, dry throat, feeling tired all day. I visited my doctor multiple times and he said it is nothing but Acid reflux. Please help to clarify this is just an acid reflux or something else

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ask for h pylori test n endoscopy?! These are two main tests to know if u just have acid reflux or there is smth else. I feel that doctors dont care much . Im having similar symptoms for over four months. I had H pylori bacteria, n im scheduled for endoscopy next week. Im 27 and worried abt cancer. I started waking up during night hungry and Im hungry all day but After I eat I have pain .
  • Posted

H mrigank 40114

Go back to your doc and request a blood test for the tiredness and fainting sensation perhaps your iron ferratin and B12's are low. Also, request an MRI scan of your chest area. Don't be fobbed of the gp's are great at doing that..because they don't know what's going on they can't be bothered to find out while we continue suffering.... best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi mrigank 40114

Also ask doc to check your thyroid function with the blood test. ...hope you get answer to your problem.....

• Posted

Many of these symptoms sound like acid reflux but fainting sensations and tiredness do not.  I have acid reflux and don't get these two symptoms.  One reason for your tiredness may be because you are getting disturbed sleeps. See your doctor again for adivice.

• Posted

The fainting while going to sleep symptom has gone with my doctors medications I think it was due to anxiety or fear. But few symptoms are still present like bloating, after eating it feels like I will spill some acid from my mouth or indigestion, chest pain ( centre of the chest below breast bone ) when too much physical work is done or if too much coughing is performed.
    • Posted

Acid reflux can cause chest pain and coughing.  Try keeping a food diary to see if any foods are causing bloating.  Maybe try cutting out gluten.  Wheat is often the culprit with bloating.
  • Posted

Did your doctor check your heart...EKG?  Get a referral to a cardiologist.  Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

My family physician said it is nothing wrong with the heart it is only and only because of acid reflux !!
  • Posted

I'm thinking h phylori also except for the fainting part. Try manuka honey, mastic, yogurt, and kefir. Avoid fried foods and citrus fruits and see if that helps, good luck!!

• Posted

Yogurt and Kefir made my stomach to feel even worst. I had H pylori bacteria and after antibiotics I started feeling some other issues , lump in my neck , hard time passing the food , my beck hurts now ! And my stomach too. Tomorrow scheduled for endoscopy. Did ultrasound of gallbladder liver and pancreas and it was ok .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.