Is it really an ibs ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I've been having this kind of bowel movement for four days now (once a day. It's my only bowel movement).

My stool is a floating light brown one.

It started with an urge last Tuesday. I had a bowel movement and then painful cramps.

Then, for the next few days, I only had stomach noises, i'm bloated, but always this kind of poo. No other symptoms.

When i stop thinking about it, my stomach seems to get well but every morning, it starts again.

I don't remember eating anything in particular. I've always had a bloated stomach with a lot of gas, but that's all. My stools were normal.

it puts a lot of stress on me, and I wake up every morning with a stomach ache for fear of having another loose bowel movement.

I was able to get an appointment earlier than planned. The doctor said I had IBS. But I've never had one before. For those who have IBS, how long do the symptoms last? Did it happen to you all at once ? He refused to do other exams, it's seemed obvious for him.

I did a liver and pancreas blood test in june 2021 it was okay.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Look at your diet. Is it high in fat? If it is then try to cut down. This sounds like a stool that is high in fat. You may have a diet thats too high in fat, or a normal level of fat in your diet is not being digested properly. If this gets worse or continues to trouble you go back to your GP.

• Posted

No, I don't eat mainly fat, but it's true that I don't have a balanced diet either. Anyway, since I've had this diarrhoea, I've stopped and yet the stools still float. I went on a real diet yesterday, drank a lot of water and today's stools were of normal consistency but still floated (and were still clear and smelly).

I'm at a loss.

• Edited

Hi

I would consider endocrine pancreatic insufficiency EPI which can develop with age.

Hope useful.

• Posted

Yes Agree Robert. Somebodyx00595 needs to go back to his doctor if this problem continues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.