Is it Really VA?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I sometimes wonder if the burning I'm experiencing is truly from VA.  My first gynecologist and dermatologist feels I am experiencing irritation.  The second gynecologist said it could be either VA or vulvodynia.  She said if the hydrocortisone works, it is probably vulvodynia.  The pelvic pain doctor feels the burning is caused from VA, but I could also have vulvodynia.

I am going to try the compound in about a week and see if that helps or it will burn like the estrace.  If it's irritation and not VA, it will not help but make matters worse.  If that happens, I don't have a Plan D.

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How long have you had burning sensations and what other symptoms do you have?

I have vulvodynia, I went to many gynecologists, and they never knew how to help me. I tried Estrace but it made the pain worse, my symptoms got worse and worse the first year when I started feeling pains. 

• Posted

Hi, Seline,

My burning began last November when I had IV antibiotics for bacterial pneumonia.  I developed a yeast infection and used two doses of Monistat 7 and two doses of Terconazole.  One dr. diagnosed me as having a bacterial infection (even though my cultures were negative - go figure) and she prescribed Metrogel.  Another gyno prescribed Replens and the pelvic pain dr. prescribed estrace which exacerbated the burning.  I have tried numerous presciptons and OTC creams to use externally and each and every one burned.  The least burning ointment was OTC hydrocortisone 1%.  It calmed the burning somewhat as well as the itching.  I just picked up a lidocaine/hydrocortisone rx.  I used it yesterday and I didn't feel it helped much.  I don't think I was applying much, so today I applied more and I seemed to be better.

What are you using now?  I am going to pick up a compounded estrogen cream week after next.  I think I was using too many things prescribed by too many doctors.

• Posted

I give up Lorrie......I just wrote you another paragraph.......and gone!  I'll try again later.....so frustrating!

wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.