Is it risky to sunbathe with metoject

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed 5 years ago with arthritis and osteoarthritis. I ve been avoid taking seriously my condition and so scared to take metroxate as my doctor told me all the side effect. But I wanted another expertise. So it did work it’s a year I have been metoject 7.5 and take follic acid 48 h. And I’m on diet gluten free, diary free and weat free. I don’t have celiac at all. But guys I swear to god , I’m pain free, and no side effect. I ask my doctor why gluten free, he told me , process food,gluten,diary ,wheat make inflation worse. Next I will try sunbathing.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have been diagnosed for many years and I am only just getting a feeling that it often leads to other autoimmune conditions, I have UC and celiacs amongst other things so I'm told and diet plays a massive part in controlling all of them especially bread etc

I eat non and stay higher protein and lower carbs and keep my weight down so it all helps to fight these horrible diseases

I'm having bloods done next week will let you know how it goes

• Posted

PS I have to use the sun as I'm vitamin D deficient quite a bit

• Posted

hi alexandria

this diet does work. i was surprise by my doctor put me on this gluten free as i dont have celiac. i did notice i have been losing lots weight too. my esr getting down i was at 108 im down at 75 . its high but i still positive . there is definetly something working. all the best for u

• Posted

Is the weight loss good as in can you afford to lose it, I need to lose another 10 to get to 9 stone so I'm not going mad

Yea I brown quite quickly too

Just low vit d but UK so that's probably y

• Posted

hi I was diagnosed 3 years ago. i use methotrexate, folic acid & plaquenil. I never had a problem with the sun. I love being outside in the pool & sunbathing. Always have been a sun worshiper & keep a tan from May until the first frost. However, went to the beach last summer with a good base tan & had a terrible terrible burn. Did not see this coming. Not only did I burn, I fried. Horrible burning & blisters that I have never had before. A little frightened about this year but I'll take it really slow. Just be really careful & expose yourself slowly.

• Posted

hi . thanks for info. it will the first summer this year for me by taking metoject. before this treatment ive beeen using tanamins 2 weeks before sunbathing. it prepared my skin to tan without burning. i have taking that for years and never had sunburn. now im not sure if this tablet will interact with metoject.

• Posted

I dint take methotrexate just meloxicam once a dayl and CBD (occasionally a couple of paracetemol) and also stopped sugar wheat milk and take glucosamine , vega iron and 6000 mg per day of lamberts fish oil. No stiffness hardly and cbd has massively reduced pain. Diet is central to this and reducing stress. My esr has gradually fallen from 86 to 22 and crp from 70 to 3.2. Stick to the diet but temember it tajes a while - it SLOWLY gets the body going towards wellness. But cbd has been miraculous. I cant beelieve ther are no trials.

• Posted

wow ur esr and crp did drop a lots. do u have arthritis in all your body? In my condition i got arthritis only in my right hand. so strange. i did try glucosamine and fish oil didnt work for me . im waiting for my last blood test result cross finger i hope he did drop. i do stick on my diet it feel so nice to wake up with no stiffness

• Posted

That's interesting. I'm on Mex but still in flare but just recently diagnosed. My rheumy said may add a biologic to my regimen. Can't wait til I'm in remission #Pain Free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.