Is it’s Raynauds or something else

Posted , 3 users are following.

My GP suspects I have Raynauds and wNts me to take Nifedipine but I take Midodrine for a low blood pressure problem. I saw a Neurologist who wants to do a Nerve Test as he suspects I have Neuropathy. My question is what one do I have. My symptoms are as follows, tingling in both arms, my arm feels as if the circulation is being cut off, my hand goes blue/purple, my legs go numb from the knees down, my hands feels cold to touch but I feel constantly cold all over. My hands do not change colour the way it’s described in Raynauds and feeling cold all the time does not seem to fit in. Can anyone offer any ideas as to what one I have Raynauds or Neuropathy?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have both. It’s probably worth having the nerve conduction test to be sure 
  • Posted

I agree that eeg nerve test would be a starting point to determine what u have Over the years I’ve have several of those test The first time u have it is the worst because I don’t think anyone likes to be shocked Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.