Is it safe to do sports/exercise, 6 weeks after surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 23yo . I had a bilateral hydrocelectomy 6.5 weeks ago.

I had a followup appointment a few days ago (at the 6 week mark).

The incision has healed up. There is still some swelling on the right side, which the doctor said it would clear up over time.

The issue is I forgot to ask the doctor if I could return to doing sports/lifting weights. Prior to the surgery, I was told no strenuous activity for 6 weeks, which I adhered to.

So the day after my appt, I decided its probably safe to go back to the gym. After 2 days of going back to gym, Im not sure if im just being paranoid but i think the swelling increased?

So here I am, hoping to hear what you guys think.

For those that did, how long did you guys wait before exercising again?

THANKS!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had the surgery, after 2 weeks it start to swell and get larger. Went back to see the Doctor, he said that was normal. Six weeks latter he aspirated it, only because I kept telling him that it was draining again. Six oz. came out, so much for the surgery, called back the next day to let him know that the swelling returned, back to the same size. Well he said that was normal, well I'm going to another Doctor. The surgery didn't work , probably. Going to have the surgery done again. You should just take it easy, take care not to do anything to reinjure yourself. Better to play it safe. Take it from me you don't want it to drag out. It's not, let me repeat that it's not worth it. Get it checked out right away. Hope it is still draining.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.