Is it safe to marry a girl having Chronic Bronchiectitis ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi!!

Could anyone please help me whether it is safe to marry a girl having chronic Bronchiectitis.. She was a bit weak and looks very skinny.. Is it life threatening or is it ok??

please help me out in this regard so that i can make a good decision..

Thanks and Regards

ssura

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

There's bronchiolitis, bronchitis, chronic bronchitis, acute bronchitis, and bronchiectasis. There are probably other specific lung issue-names i don't know but even google doesn't seem to recognize the specific thing you mention. Perhaps there's a forum specifically for it?

When in doubt tho, and especially for such an important question, I would ask a doctor.

• Edited

Hello, I have just joined this forum and I've been managing my bronchiectasis for six years.

To me personally, bronchiectasis is socially limiting as it causes frequent coughing and the necessity for lung clearance.

You ask if it's safe to marry a girl with this condition.

If I were you I would try to get to know her a lot more and see if you love her enough to support her with this condition.

It requires one's full commitment and care to maintain the lungs at their optimum and this requires constant lung hygiene, good healthy food, fresh air and exercise.

A person with this socially limiting condition needs to have an understanding and supportive partner.

I would not like to have a partner around me unless they understood exactly what I had to experience on a daily basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.