Is it skin rash or something else? Is it contagious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, my name is Sara and I am 33 years old. Two weeks I have noticed spots on my stomach right under my chest, they are kinda red or pink and they are small but plenty. I ignored it because they were not itchy and not red but today I've noticed more spots on my arms and they are red but also not itchy so I am wondering whether they are contagious or not and whether I need to have a certain treatment because the spots on my tummy are still there and I think that they have increased! Please check the pictures because I am worried and I need your help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

They do look odd but as they dont itch its difficult to give an opinion. As they are spreading you need to see your doctor for a proper diagnosis. Have you introduced any new food into your diet? Or new washing powder or shower gel? or just new clothes?

• Posted

Yes, I have actually started using a new shower gel but I can't remember for sure whether the rash started right before or after using the shower gel! Thank you for reminding me, I will stop using it anyway. I called the pharmacy and they suggested Betaderm or Fucicort cream, do you think it is safe to use it? Which one would you recommend?

• Posted

They are both steroids , but if you have no itching or inflammation I wouldnt use either. However that is entirely up to you. Dont use either for more than 2 weeks. If the rash still doesnt go you may need a doctors opinionTry washing in just a mild soap and very little of it. Try to only wear cotton next to your skin. Polyester seems to cause a reaction in some people.

If you start to feel unwell do see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.