Is it still dose change?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone and happy xmas to you.Ive been down to 10mg for 4 weeks now but ime gradually getting more and more problems

My anxiety is sky high cant stop trembling nightmares horendous still and cant stop racing thoughts that make my head agony

Should i be levelling off after 4 weeks? Dont know what to do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

it most definitely is dose change.these meds also come with deleay effects one day or week fine and then right back down to withdrawals or start up effects again out of the blue sky.

• Posted

hi lois how many weeks for it to settle do you think? PS hope youre having a great christmas

• Posted

So true, after 7 weeks off withdrawal I was right back where I started yesterday and spent most of the day in bed. What I have noticed is if I overdo anything I have a relapse, so my body is very sensitive.

• Posted

how long is a piece of string? after over 6 months im gradually starting to settle, its been hell, was given benzos to help but theyre still unopened as theyre too addictive and the body is super sensitive in withdrawal

• Posted

Different for everyone, 6 to 8 weeks minimum in my experience with a bad week or so thereafter. You just start having more good days than bad. They are not a miracle cure, A/D's certainly work but it needs working on. Don't take too much on at home or at work, moderate or keep off the booze, exercise regularly and consider CBT, its pretty good imo. Every time i stray from these rules i suffer for it. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Steve, reducing dosages from a lower dose 10mg can be harder than reducing from a higher dose. Best to settle on the 10mg first before reducing further, then drop slowly by 2.5mg each time. Alot of patience is needed and it will be worth it in the end. I am in withdrawal, and have experienced setbacks with alcohol, going out, exercising infact anything that puts a slight strain on me.

• Posted

hi Paula thankyou for your reply do you think all my symtoms are withdrawal? My nights are so bad now with trembling

and nightmares ime so tired and dread going to bed cause i know whats going to happen

• Posted

Hi Steve, I recognise the trembling and the nightmares. Unfortunately, being tired and being anxious is going to increase the side effects. Try really hard to relax and do anything that helps take away the anxiety, massages are great, and accept that this is part of the process, that helps alot, thats how I get through this, and can deal with it. Moving helps with the trembling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.