is it stomach cancer??

Posted , 4 users are following.

so this has been.going with me since years..nausea and vomiting..this time it became worse..too worse that i could not eat anything and i was throwing up 20 times a day..had all my bloodwork done everything came back fine and now i am on rebeprazole since a month..my vomitings have stopped..nausea is still there..i also had difficulty.swallowing along with nausea and pain in my breastbone..i have to undergo endoscopy next month..i am loosing weight very fast as since a month i have lost 10 kgs..i fear i might have cancer??do share your stomach cancer experiences..

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was recently diagnosed with relflux...no hernia...after a barium swallow test.  symptoms started around last Decemeber.  Pain in stomach and then in oesophagus and then the chest pain and pain in back radiating between shoulder blades.  I've lost 4 kilos since then because all this affected how much I ate.  GP prescribed me first omeprazole and then pantoprazole which I'm still taking once or twice per day.  It takes a while to get used to the PPIs but they most definitely helped especially since I started taking the pantoprazole twice a day at the beginning of March...and I feel much better now than I did a few months ago. It was very stressful and I was very anxious about what was going on and worried about PPIs too but a recent consultation on the phone with my gastroenterologist convinced me I should keep taking them until I feel better enough that I don't need them so I will for a while longer.  The diet is so important.  I didn't know bread was acidic either ... makes sense as sometimes (not always) it affects me.  My trigger foods are chocolate, coffee, tea, milk, high fat dairy (ice cream!), sometimes red meat and fatty foods and of course alcohol.  Doc says cut down or stay off high fat and sugary foods.  Common sense really.  It's all diet related but I'm convinced too that anxiety has some part to play in it. Now I'm calmer about the whole thing ...still get symptoms but find eating yogurt, brown rice, red pickled cabbage, salmon, soups, eggs AND eating small amounts relieve the symptoms....plus not eating 3 hours before bedtime.......all doctors advice and it works.  Takes time as poster Lily says and now I'm used to the adjustments and settling with managing it.   But understand your stress and hope all works out and you settle too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.