IS IT THE FLU????

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok well whatever hit me a couple nights ago is back but still no fever above 100. Just feel warm/cold, body aches and clammy, a little discomfort in my chest/ribs. And it only last a few hours. Any ideas??? I don’t seem to be getting the bad stuff (knock on wood) the rest of my family (positive for influenza a) got that lasted for days with very high fevers.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If ur family has it then you probably have it. Everyone body reacts differently to it. My kids puked with fevers yet I got stuffy nose and chest congestion. Just be careful because ur symptoms can change for the worse. If that happens go get tested and hopefully it will not be to late for antivirals. Good luck. Also Lysol does not kill the current strain. You need Clorox with hydrogen peroxide.
    • Posted

Hello. Thank you for your response. My two girls ages 1&2 were positive for influenza a. My husband was down for 2 days straight as well as them. I was tested twice different days and both came back negative. I do have a viral bronchitis with no signs of pneumonia and have healthy lungs and heart they said. It just worries me I guess that I may have a different virus or my immune system must be fighting it off better. I have been experiencing random fevers still and getting really hot and sweaty just sitting down. 

• Posted

Remember if they test you to early you will come back negative. See if you can get tested again. Best way for testing is a swab up nose canal. All ur symptoms def are the flu. Plus ur family was positive. Problem is antivirals only will help first 48. Remember the antivirals are extremely strong. Don't use them if u don't need them. Watch ur bronchitis. It could easily travel. I have been studying the flu strains for 8 years and you have the flu. The sweats and ur symptoms for sure. So urself a favor and get a mask for ur nose and mouth. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it. Just in case u do have a new germ you don't want to spread to ur family but I'm 99 percent you have flu. Good luck and keep me posted.

• Posted

Bronchitis does not give fevers. It's all in ur chest. It's just coughing. You may have two virus going on and that's why you are negative for flu. Because they are picking up cells from the other virus. Bronchitis is not a virus it is a symptom of sickness especially from the flu.

• Posted

Every since the sweats yesterday I haven’t had a fever. I feel perfectly fine again. Not sure what was going on or what my body was trying to fight off.
    • Posted

If ur better already then it's definitely not the flu. Even with a flu shot u still would have symptoms. Remember flu shots take the flu down 10-30 Percent

• Posted

That’s what has me confused. It came on suddenly when I did feel sick. Body ache and pains, fever is 100, sweats. It would go away then come acknthe next day and so on. I’ve been fever free and feeing fine aside from chest tightness and coughing since around 6 last night
    • Posted

Just be careful for the cough and chest. Drink chamomile tea with lemon and honey. It will break the mucas up and then try to get the mucas out. If ur cough gets worse or fever comes back u need an x-ray to make sure ur lungs are clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.