Is it the reason

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

new to the form.greetings.

my 25 old son as sebhorhic dermatitis on the scalp .

he is doing reasonably good with dermatologist prescribed medicines.

however i feel guilty all the time of being the reason for him getting it

when he was a baby having given him formula milk since i could not breast feed him at all when he was a baby due to zero availability (that is non availability of breast milk) inspite of trying hard.

i read that breast fed individuals donot get eczema ,allergies or skin dieseases

i feel very depressed because of this.kindly help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Anonyy,

Just to reassure you, I was perfectly well breast-fed as a child and got a vicious form of eczema for 20 years of my life. And I know I am not the only one!

There are many theories about what may cause eczema, but none have been proven 100% beyond a reasonable doubt.

The most recent theory suggests eczema is linked to a common bacteria called Staphylococcus Aureus. You can type it up in your search engine, along with the word Eczema to read all about it.

I believe this latest theory makes sense, because I have completely cured myself of the disease many years ago, by taking the extract of a plant called St John's Wort, known to be helpful in combating this particular bacteria.

I hope this information may reassure you and suppress any feelings of guilt you may have on this issue. Diseases can also have many causes, some of which remain unknown to this day.

All the best,

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.