Is it Tietzes ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyones pain start off by feeling like a build up of extreme pressure pain ? mine is in the middle of my chest and mainly right side of my ribs especially under my boob , it also goes in to my back and right shoulder blade . the pain is very severe when at its worst and also feel very nauseous and suddenly very fatigued. does this sound like tietzes as thats what my dr says i have.

the only thing is i do not get increased pain by breathing , sneezing or coughing . but does hurt when it is touched

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ,-

I don't get the increased pain by breathing, coughing etc. either. Sometimes when its really flared up I am a bit breathless. I usually feel it on both sides of my rib area and back - its sore to touch almost daily but when flared up its' extremely sensitive. I don't get nauseous. I find the only thing that helps me is to decrease my activity and put ice on the area several times a day and for a few days in a row.

• Posted

I have the same thing. i have extreme pain from my sternum to under my right breast and it wraps around to my back and the right shoulder area. I cant lift or push anything without having pain or constant throbbing. My right side feels overworked if that makes sense. Like if i did tons of upper body weight lifting, but i haven't done anything at all. I was diagnosed with Costo. with fractured cartilage by where my rib meets the sternum.

• Posted

hi beth, this sounds exactly like me, eating is hard as i have no appetite at all, do you get shortness of breath? i feel useless at the moment but cant stay still as back hurts so much x

• Posted

also is your pain pretty much constant with occassional stabbing pains? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.