is it working??!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, just a quick query...I have previously been on orlistat before and realised how bad eating fat can be with them as had terrible tum and accidents.....however this time have been really good sticking to low fat food and had no side effects so doing well.....I did have a bit of a lapse at wend and although not bad I did eat fatty stuff and yet nothing has happened to me...ie no upset tum etc..so am I doing this right as I would have thought I would have suffered due to my wend lapse!!??I would be greatful if anyone else has has similar experience and could let me know. Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

you might find, as with me i thought i had got away with being naughty, that the side effects can take a couple of days in take effect and when they do you will know about it!

Good luck

• Posted

Clare it all depends if you went over the allowed allowance of fat.?

what did you eat and how much fat do you think it contained ?

• Posted

hi thanks for replies....i didnt really eat much fat at all when i was being bad....maybe bit cake and bag crisps but nothing major and as yet no side effects....do you have to have a certain amount of fat then as i dont think im eating enough if that teh case....a typical day for me might be...

Breakfast (tablet taken)...2 weetabix with skimmed milk and blueberries

mid morn...either piece fruit or bag low fat crisps

lunch (tablet taken)..granary roll, scraping butter,low fat cheese salad

fat free yoghurt x 2

mid afternoon...fruit or cup green coffee

Tea (tablet taken)...mushrooms and beans on toast,or jacket potatoe with

beans or cottage cheese and lots salad

fat free youghurt

I have been drinking lots water as well....so i amd obviously not having too much fat but does it matter if I have too little fat??When i previously took them i really had the nasty side effects but this time I have learnt my lesson...so am i doing something wrong!!??Why is it so easy to put weight on yet so blinkin hard to get it off!!!any advice?????

• Posted

ok you meant to be taking in about 30g's of TOTAL fat a day but no more than 15g's of TOTAL fat at one sitting.

I have broken my down like this:

5g's for breakfast

10g for lunch

15g for tea

Never usually get to those amounts except at tea time sometimes so I am able to have things like snack a jacks, go aheads etc during the day but also allowed to have Activa yoghurt as that is fat free and dried fruit like apricots and prunes which only have a trace of fat.

Not sure what your fat intake on what you say you have eaten would be but you do need to have fat in your diet to enable your body to function properly.

I suggest you sit down and over a few days take note of the actual fat content you are consuming and amend accordingly.

• Posted

thankyou that is really helpful as I didnt realise about fat....I guess Im not having enough so i will make a point of working it out....is this total fat or saturated fat as i used to go to WW so I am used to looking at sat fat content.I am off to do my stepper for half hour...I try not to get to disheartened as been on tablets for two weeks and dont feel any different...although I tend not to weigh myself I just go by clothes feeling looser as I think you can become too obsessed with weight....I guess it gonna take a few more weeks to notice any difference...the doctor weighed me at 14 st.9lb so be interesting to see weight loss in few weeks when i go back.thanks for advice this is a really interesting forum and helps alot to share other peoples experiences.
  • Posted

yes it is on total fat, the tablets remove a third of what you consume.

It is really worth looking around your supermarket and spending a few more minutes on your weekly shop to look at the fat content of the foods and if necessary looking for alternatives.

good rule of thumb is no more than 5g's of total fat in any 100g's. if over 5 then do not buy and look for an alternative.

• Posted

thanks for advice....will take on board and try what you say...keep you posted!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.