Is life worth living

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just spent the last hour talking to the Samaritans who were unable to give me advice on medication in the end phoned nhs 24 no one available will ring back within 3hours Asked for the hospital I was told to ask for I would have to dial direct so this crisis plan really works hey good job I'm not really wanting to commit suicide right this minute.....but could just take the medication and accept the consequences.....

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

They've phoned back didn't seemed that bothered don't take it. Just might just for the sake of it could solve my problem.........deep down I know it's not the answer but I don't know what else to do
  • Posted

Ohh Tina I'm sorry nothing is working for you right now.

I don't know why they didn't straight SwaP your meds or at least give you something for the gap

• Posted

They should only have ppl who have experienced mental heath problems looking after us...at least they can relate!
    • Posted

Just woken up Sat in the chair better go to bed I suppose except it's day light now. Night Laura.
  • Posted

Hey Tina,

Are you coming off Citalopram at the moment? I'm in the same boat, hang in there!

Withdrawal leads to irrational thoughts and irrational behaviour, so it's not you or the world around you, it's just your body trying to purge an addiction-causing drug. I've been off for almost 10 days now and I can tell the symptoms are beginning to kick in but I'm bracing myself. Ride out the next couple of weeks and you'll be on your road to better things!

• Posted

Hi awake again, I stopped 20 mg cit from Friday, getting me ready for mirtazepine. In a weeks time. Did you taper off.

Well done getting to day 10.

I just wish the road to better things went past my front door I'd follow to the end of the world..

• Posted

Hi Tina,

Yes I tapered from 30 mg to 2.5 mg over 16 weeks. I've been Cit free for 11 days. Tried cold turkey a few months ago and it was hell.

Now getting stomach cramps today. I'm keeping a timeline of symptoms to keep track of my progress over time.

Even if it gets worse before it gets better, you have to hang in there! Think about the many things in life still left to do!

• Posted

I can't imagine the future as I have no-one to share it with anymore so there's no point. Sorry for putting a downer on your day. 😢
    • Posted

Hi Tina, sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Did you go to the party? Do you take the citalopram for depression or anxiety? If you still need them I would carry on and stop slowly. What harm will it do? What is the new medication for?x
    • Posted

Yes I did, the friends I arranged to meet there looked after me well the buffet was fantastic.

I think it was anxiety at first but now I'm depressed that's what they say with suicidal intentions and self harming sorry to say. That's why the medication is being changed because citalopram isn't doing it for me.

What dosage are you on and for how long. I still think drugs don't solve the problem just hides it but I had to do something.

• Posted

Did you have a drink? Maybe that's why you feel so bad? I took 10mg for 18 months for anxiety they helped a bit but like you say it never makes it go away. I tried to stop to go on Amitriptyline and felt so low and depressed. Doctor told me to go back on citalopram, been on 10mg for a week and feel a bit better. I think I need to increase soon. I don't feel suicidle, it's just like I want to run away and be on my own hard to explain.
    • Posted

That's alright. We're here to here you out and see you through to recovery. Don't give up!
    • Posted

Yes your right I had a few drinks, hadn't had one for a few weeks, naughty I know but that's the rebel in me.

I know where you are coming from about the running away I'm quite often feel that way too. Sorry you had to go back onto cit my head doesn't feel too bad weird really.

My son is just picking me up so I can go and collect my car. Enjoy the sunshine. X

• Posted

There isn't much sunshine in Yorkshire today! I hope things get better for you soon x
    • Posted

wall to wall blue sky up in the highlands. Weird I now feel empty, as if the whole world been lifted, not happy but as if everything has gone, blank. Difficult to describe, almost euphoric. Is this part of withdrawal too,? Or am going even more mad....
    • Posted

No don't worry it's part of the withdrawl I felt a bit like that but it's hard to describe. I'm seeing a counsellor next week so I'm hoping that might help me. I think you will feel a lot better when you find the right medication for you. I just try to get on with life the best I can, there is nothing else you can do really x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.