Is lingering anxiety possible after stress has been removed?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all! My question is simply this. Is it possible that my current level of high anxiety is still present even though I am not stressed at the moment? The past month has been really stressful I was stressing over school, work, and my heath non stop for about. a month. From the time I'd wake up to the time I'd go to sleep I'd worry over one thing or another. At this time my anxiety was present but it was not too bad. Now for about of week I've had a lot less worry, but now my anxiety is horrible. I feel shortness of breath constantly, nervous, and even derealization. Which happens when I've been really stressed. I don't take medication but I have been diagnosed. Thank you in advance for you time.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes it is possible ,  your nerves have become desensitised and were sending your brain the wrong messages causing you to worry and then you have pretty well much trained your brain to think that way.

• Posted

You are on holiday, enjoy.

All you have to worry about is returning to normality, Your time off will recharge your batteries

You know where we are

BOB

• Posted

Yeah it always lingers for awhile after and that's usually what happens to make it come back, although you may seem fine and under control you always have that small little worry in your head, and that small little worry makes those symptoms linger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.