Is misophonia due to my ptsd?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Without going in to much detail, I think I might have misophonia. The reason why because I live in college town and students/people play their music up loud, esp this guy who play his bass loud. It driving me insane. So insane that I almost jump off of my balcony because of the noise. I also almost punch a hole in my wall. I just get this urge to rage. I just wondering if it part ptsd, or is it something else? I been diagnose with ptsd. 

Another thing, can I break my lease of it? because the apartment manager have to provide a safe environment, and I don't feel safe. Thanks a lot. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Legally you have the right to a safe, noise limited, secure environment. I know how you feel people like your neighbour are horrible and cause you to want to kill them. Noise pollution is anti social behaviour. The people doing this can end up in trouble. Is your property rented, bought, private or social housing. There are laws, as a citizen your neighbour must follow them. Good luck it's a tough one to deal with.

• Posted

Thanks for replying back. Long story short. I lived here before, about 10 years ago and love it (same area). I liked the neighborhood, and being close to the football stadium. I moved in another apartment complex (same neighborhood but little bit up from my old house). Now the other tenant blast his bass when he is leaving and coming. My property is rented, and since I am anti social, and hate talking to people, I asked the landlord about moving out, and didn't put up a fight. I ask her and that was it. So I getting a social worker, and hopefully she can help me. Again Thanks a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.