Is my arms and legs pain related to my anxiety disorder or could this be fybromalgia?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I been having really bad pains in both of my arms and both of my legs. They feel like muscular pains. For example, I had left arm pain that felt like squeezing of the muscles and it went away about an hour later. Then the nexT day, I had really bad right arm pain. And then yesterday I had it really bad on my left arm that made me go to the ER. I also been having leg pains on both of my legs. It comes and goes. It feels like a muscular pain like when I touch it it kind of hurts. But the most painful are my arms. So yesterday when I went to the ER they did an EKG to make sure it wasn't my heart since heart attacks or anything related to the heart can cause arm pains. But my ekg came out normal. I mentioned to the dr. That I suffer from anxiety and I asked if it might have anything to do with that. He said could be but he said that it sounds like it can be fibromyalgia. Has anyone else ever had this pains? I am a 24 year old female. These pains started about a week ago and they don't seem to be going away. One day it's one arm the next day it's the other arm, then the next day it's my legs and today it's both arms and my right leg. I can still move my legs and arms. It's not stiff and I can move my arms and legs. But I noticed that my arm pain radiates down to my hands and wrist and fingers. And when I get leg pains they go down to my ankles and also up my thighs. My mother also suffers from fibromyalgia so I don't know if it's hereditary or genetic but I hope I can get a diagnosis . ER doctor referred me to a neurologist. Hopefully soon I can find answers because this pain is really just discomforting and painful and its making me go crazy.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what is causing it but for sure it could be anxiety since anxiety manifests in our bodies. Or anxiety would make it worse, whatever the root cause. I would assume it is anxiety and go from there. Take deep breathes in 5 seconds and out 5 seconds. Relax, get outside, meditate on great truths. Be thankful and tell yourself it will be okay because it will. Hugs and prayers.
  • Posted

You just described me I am going through menopause I to have been suffering with the arm pain and yes I went to er as well but they didn't do blood work because i didn't have any other symptoms but he did do an x-ray and range of motion on me then he touch exact where the pain was coming from I was diagnosed with bursitis which makes since because I am going through menopause and when my hormones are out of wack I get the muscles tension however I truly know what you are going through when I was having bad anxiety I would solely put all my mind to my arm which made it worse when I stay busy I don't think about it well I hope some of what I said helped you try getting busy when your body starts to feeling strange it really does help

• Posted

I'll be 32 on Tuesday. I've been having the same symptoms and even googled a symptom checker the other night. I have pain in my chest, back and arms. I have generalized anxiety and dystymia. I have muscle tension, shooting pains and tingling in all those areas. I've wondered if I have fibromyalgia as well. At first my doctor said it sounded like neuropathy. I was also tested for blood clots in my right leg. I have been making trips to the chiropracter here and there. I do know if you have anxiety issues you're more likely to have back pain and muscle tension. It's hard sometimes to figure out what's going on w/ your body. Between doctors , time and life, I feel more ran down. Anyway I hope you find out the issue. Curious for sure to see what you find out. Was on the verge of a panic attack when I started reading this. Glad I've gotten to a point I can distract myself or talk myself out of them.

• Posted

Hello,

Hope you are well.

I wanted to see how you are doing? Did you get a diagnosis?

I am having the exact symptoms you described and also suffer from anxiety.

I'm scared and thinking the worse. I have had these symptom for 1 month. Doc said it's anxiety related. I had 2 ultrasound of my left leg (to rule out DVT). I continue to feel pain (squeezing of the muscle) on both legs and also arms along with twitches.

Please update on your symptoms/diagnosis.

• Posted

Hello,

The exact same thing happening to me,i used to feel cramps and about 3 days now i feel pain everywhere in my legs and arms (comes and goes) especially at night and when i wake up, i checked my heart and it was okay, i'm 24 years old female and i have a fibroid in my left boob, i have been feeling cramps lately in my lower belly (which i guess in my uterus), it's making me so anxious and stressed.

I also had low ferritin of 3 and i have been on iron supplements for 10 days and that made me feel a horrible nausea, i stopped it 5 day ago and the nausea still there and this is making me more worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.