Is my child obese?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My step daughter is now in a womens large and in a size 16 pants. She is only 11 years old. Nobody else seems to have an issue with it. Am I being rediculous to say that we need to get her more active? Am I correct that she is over wieght ar is that now the normal size for an 11 year old because it wasnt when i was a kid?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

when i was a kid that also wasnt he normal size Kids dont play anymore They dont play outside they dont get exercise and thtey eat too many fast food or restsurant / microwave foods

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP CAME IN I HEARD IN THE 80's and that isnwhen thr obesity rate among others started high fructose is in so many products its sweet and cheap cheaper than sugar highfructose from everystudy ive read is not easy for a body to process and adds weight especially around the middle area lots of sugar and bleached flour products also arent easy for the body to digest because theyre both so bleached out the bidy doesnt recognize them as food (all of their natural vitamin and structure has been removed with the bleaching process)the kids have grown up with the sweetness in everything and starting now to try to make them eat healthy is t easy things dont taste good look at what a dunkin donut frappaccino or a coolata has as a sugar content people think its fruit and therefore its healthy WRONG not trying to bash DD products maybe for adults or a once in awhile treat but some people drink these daily and the kids also get them daily

look at the fat content in the main meals at any fast food place or the burger and fries meals at restaurants

also the LARGE bun served with burgers some people think theyre getting a large burger vegetables are almost unheard of unless theyre battered and deep fried maybe you can start small with a few healthier choiceswhen shes at your housesometimes if someone gets a taste of real food they actually like it and want moremy stepgranddaughtet mentioned on FB that she was going on a diet her mom posted fine eat your boring food when i will be eating all the(then mentioned the foods she wont be eating) i feel for my step g d because that side of her family is large and likes to eat they careless what size they are she is very heavy and her school sent a note home from a checkup there are many people with websites and youtube videos showing good choices and healthy ways to make kids favorites the following are thte problematic foods that lots or calories are hidden in :

soda

condiments and sauces

dressings & mayo

breads and buns

lunch meats and lunchables

hot dogs also

chicken nuggets and patties

chips and dip

also some of the oils theyre fried in

olestra isa new oil in products itsadvertized as healthy but a HEART SURGEONsaus its nad and keeps you from losing weight i know its in certain chips im sorry youre in this situationand NO ONE seems to share your same opinion she is going to need a physical eventually maybe someone therecan make her parents see differently

i wish you luck

i

• Posted

Hi crystal22788 !!!! how did you resolve this issue. My thought is ,being a mother, you should focus on her diet and gave more focus on her outdoor activities like outdoor activities and exercises …

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.