Is my combination of medication making me sick?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

This might be a long story but I don't know what to do anymore...

Long story short, I tried a number of antidepressants between 2020-2023, i tried sertraline, fluoxetine, escitalopram, venlafaxine, and something else but they all gave me really bad side effects like unable to sleep, vivid dreams, suuuuuper tired all the time, tension headaches, palpitations and lots more so after trying all of these i decided to come off them. at the same time i was also prescribed Propranolol to help with the palpitations and anxiety so i took them for a while when needed and they helped. I have since not had much palpitations and only take them when i need them basically. when i know i am doing something that scares me like flying etc.

i was off any antidepressants for quite a while but then my anxiety and depression got way too bad and i decided to try again. I was prescribed Citalopram about 6 months ago now which I feel has helped initially but i am gradually getting more and more side effects, I am now on 20mg a day and i again struggle to sleep and vivid dreams and headaches and jaw clenching etc...

On top of this i saw a Neurologist on Tuesday for my headaches and stuff and ive also experienced more and more frequent 3-4 days of feeling absolute rubbish where i feel like i am car sick the whole time, dizzy, nauseus, dull headache etc. Anyway he said he expected migraine and said i should start take 40mg of propanolol a day to try and prevent the migraineso ive taken that since tuesday this week so 5 days at this point... but since ive had the worst week, Ive had a constant headache that wont go away, neck pain, same car sickness feeling and ive not been able to sleep, even less so now this week and i dont know what to do... is it me starting to take beta blockers regularily thats caused some initial side effects? could it be the mix of tablets i am taking despite my doctor being aware of all the medication i am on? Ive taken beta blockers before but never had this...

I am also taking a fair amount of co-codamol due to various pains and im truing to take less of that as well so is that causing anythjng??

So my current tablets on a daily basis are:

Propanolol 40 mg at 9am ish

Citalopram 20mg at 6pm ish

Maexeni (combined pill) at 8pm ish

Lanzoprazole - when needed but most days.

Co/codamol - when needed but most days.

can someone help me cause i think my GP is thinking im making most things up at this point!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.