Is my facial hair hormone related??

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I noticed I have long hairs growing out of my nostrils which I never had before...well atleast not long enough to stick out. I also plucked a long hair out of the left side of my chin. Along with all my other crazy symptoms, could this all be hormone related? Im so mentally exhausted with all these symptoms. Please explain.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes... I''m pretty sure it' par for the course when it comes to fluctuating hormones. I have a couple of longer hairs growing from my chin... I'm going to check my nostril hairs right now!

• Posted

Yes, it's hormone related. It's an increase in androgens. Not all women get this.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Im so overwhelmed with all these crazy symptoms popping up every month.
    • Posted

Yes, I understand, it can be overwhelming but luckily they're short lived.

• Posted

it is hormonal! I take scissors and cut mine about every month! I started out with just a few like on upper part of neck and then a few popped on my face around my mouth! I know Im going through the change but whenever it finishes I wonder what kind of creature i'll be!  Right now I'm half woman and monkey with a fat body that still in the Metamorphosis stages! YIKES!  I feel sorry for us ALL!

• Posted

You made me laugh! Thsnks for the humor although were turning into sasquatch!
    • Posted

LOL I have no ideal what form mine will turn into lol
  • Posted

I asked a gyno if hormones could be causing the hair on my upper lip and a few on my neck and he said no because I was still having periods. He was clueless - and had been in practice for 30 years! He asked if I had ancestors from the middle east. I said no. He said I probably do and don't know it. What?? I stopped going to him. 

A dermatologist tested my hormones and said my testosterone was slightly high. That's what explains it.

• Posted

It's appalling that some of these OB/GYN physicians are clueless on hormones! This is supposed to be their specialty. I was told I was peri, and my periods are so regular

• Posted

Valarie, what happens is that our testosterone is over expressing itself.  This can happen because of estrogen drops, and also a lack of progesterone which helps our bodies manage the testo.  

Many of us pluck!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.