Is my foot fractured?

Posted , 5 users are following.

imageimage

I had it x-rated a week a go. pain has got alot better and i can walk on it okay. Any advice? thanks in advanced!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

x-rayed. silly phone

• Posted

Healing takes time. My foot looked like that too and it freaked me out. The doctor said it was just the blood settling at the lowest point.

• Posted

Oh that definitely looks fractured! I would say that with about 99% confidence! Can you get it x-ray'd?

• Posted

Didn't you read the thread, he had it x-rayed and its not broken, it residual bruising which takes time to heal

• Posted

Just as an addition.. Why would this be a question if the x-ray showed it wasn't broken? Was there any uncertainty in the x-ray? I recently had a facial injury which was x-ray'd as well. No noticeable fractures but a blurred area which they believe could be a fracture. Is something similar the case here?

• Posted

Ha ha, I thought exactly the same way you did when I read the message from al55771. I just didn't say anything. I also wondered what the heck a "silly phone" was in Jack's message. Sometimes it's just Americans and Brits not knowing the slight language differences. Those differences can be very funny.

• Posted

I was reading it on a phone, just missed the content after the photos.

PS- I'm Canadian.

• Posted

Well, hi neighbor. I'm in "the other" Vancouver (WA).

• Posted

try elevating it and then soak it in Luke warm water with Epsom salts at regular intervals, it takes time for bruises to go,

• Posted

Thankyou for your advice! at the time of the x-ray my foot was very swollen. The doctor did say there was a slight possibility that the swelling could make it difficult to see if it was a stress fracture or something similar.

the injury occurred during a football (soccer) match. My foot was trodden on. I was just uncertain if I would get that much brushing from that type of injury! just makes you worry reading horror stories online!!

And yes, us Brits do have a funny way of putting things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.